When you first find Anthony William info, start by removing some of the NO foods, replacing your water source, adding more fruits and veggies into your diet, etc. Eventually though, to reach the finish line (probably) you'll need to graduate to the 369 Cleanse. We are finding that this is the most direct route to healing and pain relief which is why we created a group on Facebook. In this group, we do cleanses together starting on a specific date and we will help you through the process. It's much easier to finish a cleanse while connecting with others who are going through the same process. Leaning on each other really does make a difference. Please join us on Facebook, just look up the group: Vulva Warriors MM 369 Cleanse.
This post is designed for those who are ready to personalize their protocol and prepare for a 369 Cleanse. If you are reading this and would like to “jump in” I would recommend reading the Cleanse to Heal book by Anthony William. Going forward, I will be recommending the 369 Simplified Cleanse plus incorporating the foods that heal your specific pain type which is the reason for this post. If you don’t know how to find these foods and herbs you can look them up in post 3 or in the book titled Life Changing Foods by Anthony William. You will also need to change your water source if you want it to work, see post 14. Basically, I’ve learned that those of us who have healed went through a strict “cleanse” stage. For some of us, it took time to heal but for others it was a relatively short period. Now that Anthony William has written about cleanses in depth, I’m hoping we can use his cleanse protocols more efficiently to shorten women’s battles.
My Approach and My History
Years before I found Anthony William information, I had already battled extreme vaginal burning on/off for 10 years. During that entire time, if I wasn’t in extreme pain, sex and my vagina was always just too hot. Four months after I got pregnant with my son, my vagina started burning uncontrollably. After my 25th doctor and countless alternative doctors over the years, I gave up trying to find a practitioner who could heal me. The burning would start at level 1 and could build to level 10 in the matter of 30 minutes. At level 5, I would be in tears. Level 8 my legs would shake uncontrollably. Level 10, I couldn’t speak and would be screaming in pillows. The best way I could describe the pain was as if someone had poured bleach all over my vagina area and lit it on fire. I wish I was exaggerating, I am not.
While I was pregnant and in extreme pain, the doctors tried to prescribe me morphine but I refused knowing it would hurt my baby. They tried to put me on prozac hoping it would calm my nerves and help me to not kill myself. I refused. Six months after my son was born they discovered that prozac does indeed cause brain damage in babies when taken by the mother during pregnancy.
Pregnant and in pain, I stood in front of the grocery store, trying to hold back the tears and called out to God, to save my life and the life of my child. Obviously, I had called out many times to God. This time it was different. Not sure why. I walked into the grocery store and saw my hands grab celery, cilantro, cucumber, lemon. The tears fell down my face on the way home and while I was making this drink in my kitchen. I remember being unable to see the bottons on the blender through the tears. This drink relieved my pain in 25 minutes.... 25 minutes. It was nothing short of a miracle. It would do so every time after I drank it, until I fully healed.
No one could explain why it would relieve the pain. The doctors continued to be clueless. My alternative practitioners were clueless. When my son was 1, I found Anthony William information. He had pages on celery, cucumber, cilantro online. He ended up writing a book just on celery which I highly recommend. So before I even began his protocols, I knew MM protocols would work because I already experienced the proof. Experiencing pain relief at that level, altered my entire approach to his information. I never really had the need to test it out because I already knew it was true from the start.
When I started to help other women, I honestly expected my green drink recipe to save the world’s vaginas. I was deeply disappointed when it didn’t. Sometimes that combination did relieve their pain but most times it did not. Now that I’ve been doing this for awhile, I have learned that every woman has a very specific pathogenic, virus, metal and toxin load. So their protocols need to be personally tailored to their own body and that’s when we started to see real progress which was really exciting.
Personalizing Your ProtocolThis is how I personally navigate myself through Anthony William’s information. When I began, his first book was about to be published. Most of his information was on his website, blog and radio shows. Now that he has lots of information, there’s a bit more sorting we’ll need to do but the path is definitely more effective and direct. Especially working with the 369 cleanses and the Life Changing Foods book.
In my mind, there are three tenants to personalizing your protocol, inside and outside these cleanses. Again, this is all just stuff that I found to be true while healing myself and helping others heal. I’m just starting now to label them so I can teach them. According to me and my experience, these tenants are: intuition, targeting and pivoting.
Why the 369 Cleanse?
I recently had to do this after I got food poisoning then a few weeks later my vagina started itching. When I healed years ago my main complaint was extremely very painful burning, so this was new territory for me. I incorporated all the things that heal itch but it kept coming back. Then I decided to try the Simplified Cleanse WHILE incorporating these specific foods and it worked brilliantly.
I think this combination worked well because certain foods heal specific ailments. The cleanse removes all the fat and salt and crap from your body. Basically, the cleanse makes these foods more potent while strategically and gently removing crap from your body.
I chose the simplified cleanse because I’m not good at sticking with cleanses. I thought it would be the easiest one to complete. What I didn’t realize is that it is much more flexible with the food choices, giving me the opportunity to stay on track with AW recommendations while incorporating the foods that he has recommended to heal my specific problem.
Summary: Your current favorite fruits and vegetables are more than whimsical preferences. Your body is sending you messages asking for specific food so she can heal specific ailments.
When choosing your fruits, vegetables and herbs to focus on, start with your favorites. This is where my body intuition starts to kick in. There were so many times where I would crave sprouts or apricots or bananas, then look them up in LCF and under each food I would find at least 3-4 of my current main health complaints. This happens every time. In the beginning I thought I was quite intuitive, until I started coaching. Then I found that ALL the women I coached had this intuition but they didn't recognize it. Until you experience pain reduction after juicing or after a cleanse like this, it’s hard to believe that fruit and veggies can reduce pain. I get it.
At the beginning of every coaching call I ask them to list their favorite fruits and veggies. Without fail each woman would list the foods that heal their current ailments. I trusted their intuition so much (more than they did at the time) that I was able to put together that they had SIBO or shingles cause they were craving all the foods that healed those particular ailments. It’s pretty amazing. I basically tell them to eat a lot of their favorite fruits and veggies.
My guess is that we don’t lack intuition, we lack belief. (My dad wrote a book on how the brain works and it’s crazy. I’ll write another post just on Body Intuition later) If your brain doesn’t believe or value something, it won’t see it or it will have a hard time recognizing it. Your brain sees what it values and thinks is important to you. It does this because normal day life exposes us to an overload of information. To maintain our sanity our brain protects us by constantly sorting out information we don’t need. So if we don’t value these quiet intuitive messages coming from our body, our brain will not recognize them for valuable information and it probably just gets tossed. This in combination with doctors telling us that our pain is in our heads and loved ones not believing the severity of our pain erodes the belief in our intuition which in turns silences the messages we receive. Honestly, I’ve noticed after learning this knowledge women I work with start to recognize those quiet clear moments pretty quickly. For some it takes some work but most, this understanding is like we just turned on a light switch. Now you know that it’s valuable.
So MM did a live show on how body intuition is full of crap. But if you listen to that show he is saying that your craving for eggs is NOT a healing intuitive feeling. Let me clarify, I didn't ask you what you WANT to eat. I know you want a chocolate cupcake, we all want a chocolate cupcake. That's not my question. I'm asking "what are your favorite fruits and vegetables" and I think your answer is more important to your healing you think. Note: besides corn... corn WAS healthy but they added MGOs which eventually made ALL corn toxic to us now. Sigh.
Aversions to Certain Fruits and Veggies
At the same time, an aversion can be a very important message as well. If you have a severe aversion to a fruit/veggie that feeling is also giving you a message. I find that these things will be able to heal you really efficiently but their detox might be too much for your current system. So you can stay away for now or push ahead. Normally, I avoided these things (Hello… dulse! You are super gross!) Now, I don’t have an aversion to dulse but in the beginning I couldn’t even stand the smell without hurling a little bit in my mouth. So if you decide a certain thing is too much then just lean on other fruits/veggies/herbs to help you graduate to the next level of healing and eventually that particular food will still probably be a key food in your healing process. Another approach you can take is to microdose an aversion food frequently throughout the day. That helps as well. I find aversions tend to even heal us faster than favorites, if you are disciplined enough to microdose them.
Summary: Prioritize your pain. Focus on two maybe three ailments to heal. If you have burning, focus on burning. If itching, focus on itching. You can include a few secondary ailments but understand they are secondary, for now. Food is medicine. This is not a cliche statement. You wouldn’t give someone viagra to heal IBS. Same goes with food. Be specific about the foods/herbs you incorporate into your diet. In the Life Changing Foods book, AW is VERY specific about what foods/herbs heal specific problems.
So in the past, I would ask the women I coach to list all their ailments. Then I created a database and was able to pull out the common foods that would heal most of their ailments. So for example, garlic would heal 5 out of their 6 complaints or asparagus would heal 6 out of 10. This was definitely helpful and I still use this strategy at times. But I found when we focused instead on just a few of their top ailments, pounded it with food that healed those ailments, we got results quicker. Then once the top pain was gone, they changed focus to their secondary ailments.
Eating Fruits/Veggies Medicinally
When using fruits and veggies as medicine: (1) eat more of this fruit/veggie you would normally eat during one sitting (2) eat it this way at least a few times a day (3) do this for a few weeks or until your body wants to move on to something else. Also, learn as much as you can from the LCF book by Anthony William. This will help your mind align your body with the main objectives of this particular food.
Children do this particularly well. My son had a speech delay, severe hypoglycemia, crazy pants tantrums, absolutely no appetite which is a big deal for hypoglycemia. He’s healed now and doing well in school. When healing my son I realized he would eat this way naturally. We would be in the grocery store and I would ask him to pick out his favorite fruit or vegetable right now. That’s key, favorites change depending on what your body is healing. One time he ate an entire box of grapes each day for 7 days. I kept having to go back to the store. During this time, he made huge leaps in his healing! It was really impressive. Once he did this with oranges and beforehand he was reading 3-4 pages at a time then after the orange wave he sat down and read 30 without me prompting him. Wild.*See! This kid is totally content snacking on a watermelon like an apple. I love how he does not give a shit. Cleanse goal!
My friend’s son who was two at the time had IBS. The doctors couldn’t fix it. All he wanted to eat was sweet potatoes. She knew that I healed my son already so she asked for my advice, I told her to let him eat as many sweet potatoes as he wanted. I warned her after a few weeks his preference will probably suddenly change. Sure enough, her son ate sweet potatoes for two weeks, healed his IBS and then suddenly stopped craving sweet potatoes. Kids are amazing.
Figuring Out the Right Foods/Herbs to Target
Say you look up your ailment in AW’s Life Changing Foods book and you write down a list of 15 foods. How do you narrow it down? In reality you can only target so many things at one time. Here’s MY process and list of priorities.
- Juices. He considers juicing to be “life-saving medicine.” According to Cleanse To Heal book, “fresh juice extracts are key to repairing the digestive tract, among other aspects of our health.” We all have struggling digestive systems and we can’t extract every nutrient hidden inside fiber. Basically, pulp just gets in the way and our weakened systems have a difficult time sorting through the pulp to absorb the things we need. I personally found fresh juice to relieve pain much faster than anything else, including herbs and supplements. So if you need to absorb the healing qualities of a particular fruit or vegetable for your ailment, juice it.
- According to some MM coaches, you can add more juices to the simplified cleanse, just make sure you are getting enough calories.
- Take advantage of your time ESPECIALLY AFTER the cleanse to incorporate juice. I really think this would be an ideal time to make some serious headway in your healing since you just reinvigorated your liver.
- Just remember, when working with juice, try a few combinations until you find the right one for you. Here are few examples:
- Celery, papaya, cilantro and/or flat parsley or celery, cucumber, cilantro and lemon juice - vaginal burning
- This was my go to drink for vaginal burning. Saved me while I was pregnant with my daughter. It was a huge part of my healing during this round of V. See post 9.
- Melon, flat parsley - external itching
- Saved me from external vaginal itch. So amazing.
- Cucumber (plain) - outside vaginal itching, inflamed nerves, PID conditions
- This one also helped with external vaginal itch and with chest tightness. It’s really helpful for nerve conditions.
- Celery and asparagus - PID conditions
- This is great for bladder issues. Asparagus also heals “lack of motivation” and I used it once to get myself going. You could lick my kitchen floors after this drink. Haha!
- Celery and papaya
- It’s great when healing digestive inflammation. It really helped me heal after a round of food poisoning.
- Celery - SIBO and the foundation of your digestive health
- I’ve been on CJ almost 5 years. It’s the foundation of me living pain free. Good to note though, it would never relieve a vaginal flare for me, the other drinks would do that. But if I didn’t have lemon water and CJ in the morning, the other pain relieving drinks would not work as well.
- Turmeric, ginger, garlic - great for colds
- This shot totally saved me from at least a few flus before I strengthened my immunity
- Aloe Vera Water - heals shingles, BV, UTIs, SIBO
- I like to add honey and lime to mine. Tastes a like a virgin slimy margarita! Haha!
- Turmeric and OJ - great for inflammation and emotional inflammation
- When we recently moved to Ireland with our son, newborn and dog there were times that I literally lost my shit. It was just too much. Turmeric and OJ shots really calmed down my emotional flares. So amazing.
- Coconut. Coconut enhances the power of healing foods and supercharges them. For example, if you add coconut to a drink with parsley, it will increase parsley's ability to remove unproductive acids from your body by 50%... 50%! Crazy. (Life Changing Foods, page 264) So add some coconut water when you can! If you are fighting pain, I would stick to coconut water fresh from a coconut.
- Tea. I’m assuming that tea works well because there is no pulp to get in the way of absorbing everything you need, just like with juice. I personally found that tea bags would never relieve a flare for me but loose leaf tea and tinctures would but not as effectively as juices. Per MM, heated tea isn't hydrating but it's also not dehydrating. So make sure you are staying hydrated outside of your teas. Cleansing is already a bit dehydrating (according to the CTH book) so just be aware of this fact if you want to incorporate specific teas into the cleanse. To make tea hydrating, cold brew them.
- Tinctures are great, my favorites being Cat’s Claw and Goldenseal. Both are super strong and taste like shit. I never got cozy with a nice cup of Goldenseal. I’m also not a big fan of glycerin which is in all alcohol free tinctures. It’s good to note, that I noticed they worked better if I took them in the morning before introduced fat in my diet that day. Goldenseal saved me from a bunch of UTIs and I always had some in my household just in case, for years. Cat’s Claw would relieve vaginal flares and was really efficient in clearing up my acne. (Cat's claw shouldn't be taken if you might be pregnant and most teas shouldn't be consumed if you ARE pregnant)
- Loose Leaf Tea. I talk about working with loose leaf tea extensively in post 8. Lately I have learned the potent power of fresh tea like the easily accessible ones in the grocery store (rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, mint, etc.) My guess is that they are even more powerful than dried herbs because they have the living water. For example, I had been drinking burdock root tea for years when I started healing then I randomly found some in the grocery store. It felt like 10x stronger then the dried tea.
- Smoothies. Anything you can make into a smoothie and drink is super powerful. I’m guessing it’s because you’ll eat much more of it in this form. I will never usually eat more than one banana but if I make a smoothie, I usually add three bananas and that’s just the base of my drink. So really think about ways you can eat these foods in large quantities. (See the note about coconut above in the juice section)
- Garlic and onion. Anthony Williams warns women who are pregnant about taking herbs and teas because you never know how the baby is reacting. He also warns them against garlic cause it’s really potent. I find that these are very potent in their raw form. How do you eat raw onion and garlic? Salsa. Once when I was getting the flu, I stopped it by eating salsa with lots of onion and garlic three times that day. Bam.
- Flat-leaf parsley and cilantro. These are herbs that have active living water in them and I find them very potent. My watermelon/flat parsley juice literally included ½ a packet to one whole packet of parsley. Parsley alkalizes the entire body, not just one organs like most healing foods. Cilantro is ideal of heavy metal detox which I found to be one of my main issues and the foundation to all my ailments.
- Life Changing Foods book. I’m in this book all day now. I have it on my phone which gives me the ability to look things up quickly and easily. Here’s some hints about how to navigate yourself through it.
- In each section about a particular food/herb AW introduces it and highlights its strengths. If your ailment appears in this section, then this item should go to the top of your list of contenders. Just like in the classroom, when your teacher keeps repeating something and says “this is important” assume that it will be on the test in a few weeks.
- This is a crazy story and it doesn’t usually happen to me but in a dream I saw the words E-N-C-E-P-H-E something something. It was vague and weird but I looked it up. Encephalitis means brain inflammation. At times, I struggled with brain fog, pressure in the brain and fatigue. (I healed classic shingles of the brain/head a few years prior to this, so I wasn’t surprised.) All my symptoms indicated low grade encephalitis according to AW. (Conventional medicine can’t yet detect low grade brain inflammation). So I looked it up in LCF. Three things are listed to heal encephalitis: apples, berries, turmeric. Inside the turmeric section, AW has an entire paragraph about how turmeric heals encephalitis and how it’s the “ultimate antidote.” So I did 4 fresh turmeric shots with OJ that day and it all just faded away. I could even feel the difference after the first shot. Crazypants.
- After the basic overview of the food/herb, there are sections titled CONDITIONS and SYMPTOMS. Usually this is where your particular ailment/pain will be listed. Read through these sections and if you find other symptoms you are experiencing or related symptoms to your main issue, then this food/herb should go to the top of your list. Make special note of those foods/herbs that heal of a few of your symptoms. (Just like in a classroom, see how I just said the same thing twice? This is important. Please remember.)
- For example, cucumber. If you are experiencing nerve pain and listed in the cucumber section it states “all neurological symptoms: tingles, numbness, spasms, twitches, etc.” means that cucumbers specialize in healing nerve issues. If it were me, outside a cleanse, I would drink this plain cucumber juice twice a day. During a cleanse, I would eat cucumber salad twice a day.
- Your Emotions. The next two sections within each chapter are titled EMOTIONAL SUPPORT and SPIRITUAL LESSON. Each food/herbs can heal you on an emotional and spiritual level. At times I like to use these recommendations to help me figure out which food should be my focus depending on my current emotional/spiritual state. When I coach women, I ask them to give me three words describing their current emotional state. Many times they use words like “devastated” and “hopeless.”
- Tip: When I searched for "devas" then wild blueberries came up. Did you notice that I didn't search for the entire word? I searched for a partial word because AW used "devastation" not "devastated." If I had used the entire word, "devastated" the search would have found nothing.
- Wild blueberries mend us on an emotional level and strengthen who we are. Anthony describes the power of wild blueberries to help you rise again from the ashes. The wild blueberry can be completely burned in a fired and from its ashes, it can grow again and it will be stronger and healthier than ever before. We should all eat these twice a day.
- Side Rant: Vulvodynia is such a mother-f$&%g-#^$@*&$*@U&$*&$* b#$! of a condition. It makes me so mad. I totally understand why AW sounds a bit angry and frustrated in his podcasts at times. My anger stems from hearing beautiful women being torn down by pain, over and over again. Honestly, if I was AW I would be swearing all the time. I would be swearing in verse, I would swearing in rhyme, I would get good at it. If English is your second language and the first sentence in this section doesn’t make sense to you… I was attempting to say “vulvodynia is such a mother-fucking bitch of a condition” and I would also like to add that it can go to hell in a hand basket. Ok... deep breaths, I'm done with my rant now.
Here are some examples of the specific healing abilities of food/herbs:
A Few Notes
Pooping. When you poop is important. How much you poop is important. If you are bloated is important. I’ve had calls with a bunch of you and as you know, we talk a lot about poop. Basically, during this itch round, my vagina would itch right before I pooped. She would itch if I didn’t poop in the morning. The more I pooped, the less she itched. So this cleanse uses celery juice, lemon water, apples to help heal your digestion which is key to all this and makes sense understanding the SIBO aspect of vaginal issues.
Trial and Error. Another key thing to understand is that there is a lot of trial and error in this process. If you don’t feel like something is making a big difference, go down the list and try something else. I honestly didn’t understand the full scope of my sickness till I figured out how to heal it. Then I was able to look back and see my health with more clarity.
SIBO. One thing I should note in this section is SIBO. AW argues that women who have UTIs, yeast infections, bladder infections, etc have SIBO. AW said in a FB live video that all those who have PID have strep in their lower intestine. So if you have any of those issues, SIBO should be a priority ailment.
Cravings. Side note about cravings. Also, you’ll notice that I added ‘cravings’ to the list above. My cravings are strong, I’m sure I’m not the only one. So I treat them like an ailment rather than a source of guilt. This way I don’t have to fight so hard if I start the day off with cherries and eat a bunch of sprouts in the afternoon. For me, it makes a huge difference when I’m trying to stay away from NO foods.
Supplements. According to CTH, you can do supplements while on the cleanse. I still would be gentle on the supplements though. I didn't drink much tea while I healed the crazy itch, so if you decide to just focus on foods that’s fine and probably safer. The foundational supplements are: zinc, B12, HMD ingredients. L-lysine can be particularly effective for reducing inflammation taken in larger than normal quantities like 2000mg 2x a day (see amounts in CTH book). Just slowly increase it till you get to this level. Micro C might be foundational for you. See CTH book for amounts. You can also try some of AW's shock therapies. I wouldn't do this during a cleanse though.
Summary: Basically, when I talk about ‘pivoting,’ I mean that when your pain changes, so should your protocol. If you are on the cleanse, even if the pain is probably detox, still change your focused foods and herbs while remaining on the protocol. Don’t do this the next day, the next week, change your focus as soon as you can.
For example, once I was experiencing vulva itching and was doing MM recommendations for itching skin. Then I started to get a little discharge so I pivoted my protocol to include yeast infection protocols (aloe vera water, more celery juice, cats claw, goldenseal, cranberry water, minced garlic and honey) and that solved everything.
I’ve seen women not pivot again and again. Their pain changes and they keep doing the same protocol and then they reach out to me wondering why it hasn’t made a difference. Once we change their protocol and add specific foods to heal their CURRENT issues, that’s when they start to make progress.
I find that some women don't experience results because they haven't tried a variety of things. Another time when I had vulva itch with no discharge, cucumber juice should have relieved it nicely but it didn't. In the LCF book, cucumber heals itchy skin. I found melon/parsley juice to be much more effective, it would relieve it within about 20 minutes for me. Melon also heals itchy skin and parsley is considered an aromatic herb (according to AW) and aromatic herbs heal itchy skin. All according to LCF. How did I figure that out? Trial and error with my list of contenders. Honestly, make a few hypotheses "just start throwing shit at it till it gives. Then pound it when something starts to work. Follow the breadcrumbs." This is why I like working with food.
DOING THIS IN REAL LIFE
369 Simplified Cleanse - Sample Menu
Here is a sample menu of what your 1-3 days would look like, if you were focusing on healing the ailments listed above. Again, this is gonna look different for everyone because you all have different ailments and different favorite foods and following your favorites is key.